Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

It's "Dead Week" here on campus, and I've yet to figure out exactly why we call it that. It's the week before finals and the idea is that professors lay off the tests this week. No one wants anything to do with classes by now...including studying for finals next week...so we all just kind of look like zombies wandering around up here. Maybe that's where the idea came from.

Last week I focused on my real horse all week. The weather is finally nice and all I want to do lately is be outside! It was my cousins' daughter's birthday (just go with it) and she wanted to ride a horse. Of course, Whiskey and I volunteered for the job!

Here's the birthday girl with my awesome boy!

I have been slightly active in the hobby still (of couse!) The deal I was working on with my Earth model finally got wrapped up and I added some new models to my herd. 




The mustang is an old one. He even feels vintage. I LOVE him, from his rich old shading, to his handpainted mane and tail, to his faded dorsal stripe. After agonizing over a name, I decided on just Mustang Jake.

I'm starting to love the Big Ben mold after adding "Sugarfoot" to my collection. I'm really fond of my original Big Ben, who I named Ginger, and this guy shows off all the mold's good points even better.

Then there's "Sam". The Brown Sunshine mold is one of my favorites and I just need the spotted mule to complete my conga. Love those mules!!!

There's lots of hoopla in the hobby right now over the new announcements Breyer tossed out this weekend: the new Mother's Day Web SR and the TWO models of dressage star Totilas.

 

Here's "A Mother's Love", Whinny and Nicker. Because I have no $$$ to spare, I won't be entering for them. Unfortunately I quite like the pair! I do have the original Susecion and Le Fire, so I won't be too put out by missing on these. It'll be interesting to see how much they sell for second hand...I imagine the mark up will be pretty high judging from the popularity of the molds.

Then Breyer's making some new molds for Totalis, the Traditional size preview looks promising, he's in a very nice extended trot. I don't know if I'll need him, I'll wait until he comes out this Fall (email says November)

The other model of him is going to be released as 5" resin in a piaffe. I'm guessing it's going to be like the little Breeds of the World horses that they have out right now. I'm not a big fan of them...hoping it's a little fad like the creepy Classics with the hair and glass eyes that came out a few years back. 

I'm probably going to stay about where I am in the hobby for a while, I've got too much real horse stuff going on to concentrate on the plastics for a little while! So don't be surprised if the blog gets a little more in detail about Whiskey and everything else going on in life right now :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment